Here on in Cab My Ride Limited may be referred to as "Us", "We", "Our", "Cab My Ride" and "CMR"
"Platform" our technology created to enable you to request a cab using our apps, phone booking, online booking, email booking, social media booking or any other form of communication you will use to book a cab.
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
For the purpose of the data protection act 1998 (the act), the data controller is Cab My Ride of 76 Bluebell Road, Southampton, Hampshire SO163LQ
About Cab My Ride
HTTP://cabmyride.com is operated by Cab My Ride. We are a limited company registered at Companies House under company number 07122241 & VAT number is 153194809. Our office is at 91 Harrison Road, SO17 3Tl.
Cab My Ride is a booking platform dedicated to providing an honest, safe and fair priced professional service by introducing registered drivers to customers who require their services.
Acceptance of terms & conditions
Use of Cab My Ride's services
Cab My Ride vets its drivers to ensure they are suitable and hold all necessary licences and qualifications. You accept, however, that Cab My Ride Ltd is not responsible for the conduct or behaviour of registered drivers.
Customers who are unhappy with the service provided by a registered driver should contact us at the first possible opportunity with sufficient details to allow their complaint/grievance to be investigated thoroughly.
By using our services, customers undertake to defend Cab My Ride Ltd against any claim or legal proceeding against Cab My Ride Ltd by any person as a result of the customer’s breach of any of Cab My Ride Ltd terms and conditions, as set out now or in the future
You agree to give accurate information about yourself when using the Cab My Ride platforms, such as when you register for an account you further agree to keep such information up-to-date.
Right to cancel
All customers are deemed to have right to cancel a trip with no cancellation fee being applied to the ride. We may suspend your account if cancellations are regularly happening on your account
Cab My Ride reserves the right to cancel a booking where it is reasonable to do so, such as where verbal or physical abuse is used or threatened against any of our registered drivers or members of staff.
Withdrawal of services
Any Cab My Ride accounts that are subject to closure will allow for a seven day notice period being instigated by an email being sent to your registered email address. You agree that Cab My Ride Ltd reserves the right to restrict or suspend our services to you at any given time, without any notice whatsoever if we believe you have breached any of our terms and conditions.
Food, drink and tobacco
Consumption of food and drink is not permitted in vehicles booked through Cab My Ride.
Smoking and the consumption of illegal substances is prohibited in vehicles booked via Cab My Ride Ltd. Intoxicated persons may be refused carriage and the booking is liable for cancellation.
Damage to vehicle
Any damage or soiling of the vehicle must be paid for by the customer on demand. Interior cleaning charges are currently set at £90.00 . The cost of any damage will depend on the type of damage, its severity and the circumstances under which the damage was suffered. Cab My Ride Ltd will seek to recover the cost at the time of repairing any damage or cleaning to the vehicle caused by the client.
Travelling with children
The law allows for specific exceptions when travelling in a licensed taxi or private hire vehicle when a child seat is not available. Despite this, it is the joint responsibility of the driver and the parent/guardian to ensure that the child is safely restrained for the duration of the journey. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult unless by prior agreement. When booking via our contact centres they will not advise on child seat or other transportation needs, it is up to you the customer to provide your own equipment
Luggage is limited to the maximum weight capacity of the vehicle. You must inform Cab My Ride beforehand if you believe your luggage may exceed the maximum weight capacity. Care is taken when handling customer luggage, although customers are advised to label their property. All customer property is carried at the customer’s risk, and Cab My Ride Ltd accepts no responsibility for loss or damage suffered.
If you lose your luggage or your personal belongings you must raise this with your driver immediately. Cab My Ride Ltd accepts no responsibility for lost or damaged luggage.
Cab My Ride accepts no responsibility for events beyond our control which affect your journey or our ability to provide you with services you would otherwise reasonably expect of us. Such events include (but are not limited to) war or the threat of war, riots, civil unrest, strikes, industrial action, acts of terrorism, natural disaster, fire, unforeseen technical problems, road closure or adverse weather conditions. Cab My Ride Ltd accepts no responsibility for any additional costs which may be incurred by you under such circumstances, such as loss of earnings or unforeseen expenditure.
Customers are responsible for ensuring they book a taxi through Cab My Ride in a manner which allows them to reach their intended destination on time. Cab My Ride Limited will not accept responsibility or liability for actions or events outside of its control which result in the customer reaching their destination late.
NOTE: All Cab My Ride Ltd services are subject to availability. There may be times when, due to demand or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, our ability to provide transport takes longer than usual. Under these circumstances, we will endeavour to provide you with transport which may involve us using a vehicle or vehicles which are not your first choice of transport.
The material displayed on our site and in our smartphone app is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
All conditions, warranties and other terms, which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
Cab My Ride is committed to the safety of its customers and passenger seat belts must be worn at all times when travelling, in accordance with the law. We reserves the right to cancel a booking where a customer refuses to wear a seat belt without a lawful excuse.
Cab My Ride accepts no liability for any loss or damage, save as provided for by law. Contracts are made between customers and registered drivers and any liability will arise on the part of the registered driver.
Payments by cash and card
Payment is generally required upon arrival at the customer’s destination. However, some payments may be required in advance for some journeys.
Customers are liable for any tolls or charges levied against the vehicle during their journey.
All meters are set in accordance with the relevant local authority’s meter tariff charges. All set fares are determined by Cab My Ride Ltd in its absolute discretion. Customers that book a taxi for 1 to 4 passengers will only pay the meter fare, plus any tolls or charges that may be levied to the vehicle for any journey within the City of Southampton or to or from destinations that are outside of the City of Southampton boundary. When paying by card you will only pay the fare. We do not charge any extra to pay with card.
Customer bookings are liable for cancellation if the customer fails to make themselves available at the pickup point at the agreed time. As a customer it is your obligation to make yourself readily available from the pick up point requested upon booking. If, you the customer are found to be providing Cab My Ride Ltd with false information regarding your booking e.g. pick up point, number of passengers or a general misconduct of the service on a repeated basis then Cab My Ride Ltd may terminate your ability to use our service. Once you have received notification of the cab waiting outside of the pick up point, you are advised to make contact with the driver at the earliest opportunity within the 5 minute waiting time. The driver will do there up most to contact you within the 5 minute waiting time, however the driver will contact you one last time after the 5 minute waiting time has expired, before they cancel your booking request, if no contact has been made by you the customer with the driver.
Cab My Ride understands that a booking may need to be cancelled. If the booking is made for immediate collection then it is advised that customers cancel a booking request at the earliest opportunity possible. Any cancellations of bookings made for an advanced time can be done via the app, the website or by contacting the Cab My Ride office on 02380 55 55 55. Cab My Ride does not charge any cancelation fees.
Cab My Ride Ltd is committed to high levels of customer service and we welcome feedback. If you have any comments, complaints or suggestions then please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our customer service team will endeavour to acknowledge your email within 48 hours and to provide a full reply within five working days.
Use of software and web services
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please contact us with the relevant details.
Linking from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Intellectual property rights
All disputes that cannot be settled amicably between the customer and Cab My Ride Ltd will be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Cab My Ride of 76 Bluebell Road, Southampton, Hampshire SO16 3LQ.
Intellectual Property Rights Policy
1. POLICY SUMMARY 1.1. Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) are a valuable part of Cab My Ride Limited’s asset portfolio. 1.2. It is the policy of the company to respect the intellectual property rights of others. We ask others in turn to respect our intellectual property rights. 1.3. This policy sets out our policy on copyright and other IP rights. It also explains how our content may be used. 2. WHO DOES THIS POLICY APPLY TO? This policy applies to all users of the firm’s mobile application, website and services (collectively referred to as users in this policy) and individuals working for the company at all levels and grades, including senior managers, officers, directors, employees, consultants, contractors, trainees, homeworkers, part-time and fixed-term employees, casual and agency staff (collectively referred to as staff in this policy). 3. WHAT IS COVERED BY THE POLICY? This policy covers all original work owned, generated and commissioned by or licensed to the company. 4. OWNERSHIP OF COPYRIGHT IN WORK CREATED BY EMPLOYEES The company's employment contracts cover ownership of IPR if an employee of the company creates original work in the course of employment. For the avoidance of doubt, the company shall have ownership of IPR created by employees in the course of employment unless otherwise agreed in writing beforehand. 5. COMMISSIONING WORK FROM A THIRD PARTY 5.1. If a staff member commissions work from a third party, they should consider whether there is any need to obtain an assignment of IPR and should refer to senior management to discuss ownership and protection of IPR. 5.2. The company shall keep full records of any contracts, including assignments and licences, with third-party contractors. 6. THIRD-PARTY COPYRIGHT 6.1. Staff should respect third-party IPR at all times. 6.2. Staff should consider whether third-party copyright (or other IPR) applies to any material, whether in hard copy or electronic form, used by them in the course of their employment and should not use any materials unless certain that the use would not constitute infringement of any third-party right. For guidance on copyright issues, the staff member should contact a member of senior management. 7. NOTIFYING INFRINGEMENT 7.1. If a staff member suspects or becomes aware of infringement of any company IPR by any third party, he should immediately notify senior management with full details of the nature of the infringement. 7.2. Staff should keep full records of suspected or actual instances of infringement. 7.3. If a staff member suspects copyright infringement by any of his colleagues of any third party’s work, he should immediately notify a senior manager. 8. HANDLING REQUESTS TO USE OR REPRODUCE COMPANY’S WORKS 8.1. Any internal or external requests for permission to use or reproduce any of the company’s materials should be referred to a senior manager for consideration. 8.2. The senior management team shall keep full records of the requests and any consequent assignments, licences or other forms of consent. 9. MONITORING AND REVIEWING THIS POLICY 9.1. The senior management team shall be responsible for reviewing this policy from time to time to ensure that it continues to meet legal requirements and reflect best practice. 9.2. Senior managers are responsible for ensuring that any person who may be involved with administration or investigations carried out under this policy receives regular and appropriate training to assist them with these duties. 9.3. Staff are invited to comment on this policy and are under a duty to seek clarification on any points they feel need further clarification.